What happens when you add tasty, wholesome snacks to a drool-worthy cookie? You get a cookie that’s deliciously good for you. It’s all about the 80 / 20.
Makes about 12-13 jumbo cookies. Prep time: 20 minutes. Cook time: 10 minutes
- ½ cup natural smooth almond butter
- ¼ cup plus 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, softened but not hot
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons (50 g) gluten-free oat flour
- ¼ cup arrowroot flour/starch
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- ¾ bar of 55% non-dairy dark chocolate
- ½ cup chopped, sweet Naked Snacks (like Maple Praline Almonds or Wholesome Yogi)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a very large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the wet ingredients until completely smooth.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet mixture, one by one, until thoroughly combined. The dough will be a bit wet/oily, but this is normal.
- Chop the chocolate into small chunks. Set aside 3 tablespoons (for topping the cookie dough later) and stir the rest of the chocolate into the batter until combined.
- Scoop mounds of dough (about 2 ½ tablespoons of dough per cookie) onto the baking sheet, about 3 inches apart, as they’ll spread a lot while baking.
- Press the remaining 3 tablespoons of chocolate onto the tops of the cookie dough mounds, evenly distributed. (Reshape the cookie dough mounds if they flatten a bit.)
- Bake for 8 ½ to 9 minutes (for gooey and soft cookies), until the cookies are spread out. If you prefer a crispy cookie, bake for about 12 minutes.
- Cool the cookies directly on the baking sheet. The cookies will be super delicate until they are cooled. Using a spatula, gently transfer each cookie directly onto a cooling rack for another 10 minutes, where they’ll firm up even more. (You may want to place them on a couple sheets of paper towel, as the bottoms can be a bit oily due to the almond butter.)
- Serve and enjoy!
Stock up on your fave sweet (or savoury) Naked Snacks and try adding them to your next recipe – like Super-Seed Sprinkles on a tangy kale salad or PB Chocolate Granola on top of your morning yogurt.